[FFmpeg-user] Failed / strange build script, now with log / script files in link

Bouke bouke at editb.nl
Tue May 11 18:57:42 EEST 2021

> On 11 May 2021, at 14:59, Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 09:50:14 +0200, Bouke wrote:
>> Logfiles and script is here:
>> Download link
>> https://we.tl/t-UB5Ynvv8DE <https://we.tl/t-UB5Ynvv8DE>
>>
>> (Original script comes from https://github.com/markus-perl/ffmpeg-build-script <https://github.com/markus-perl/ffmpeg-build-script> )
>
> You can't report your issue there, because you modified the script,
> correct?

Hi Moritz,
I can report the issue here, I did :-)

> I don't see a drawtext/fontconfig feature request there
> either. (I do see your Decklink one.)

Eeh, don’t you see:
CONFIGURE_OPTIONS+=("--enable-libfontconfig")
CONFIGURE_OPTIONS+=("--enable-libfreetype")

> Anyway, regarding fontconfig:
>
>> test_pkg_config libfontconfig fontconfig fontconfig/fontconfig.h FcInit
>> pkg-config --exists --print-errors fontconfig
>> Package fontconfig was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `fontconfig.pc'
>> to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>> No package 'fontconfig' found
>> ERROR: fontconfig not found using pkg-config
>
> Does your machine have actually fontconfig.pc?
> On Linux, I would do
> $ locate fontconfig.pc
> I assume MacOS has a similar function. (Note that the database for
> locate is updated in large intervals, it won't find anything I
> installed today.)

It seems to be there...
MacBook-Pro:ffmpeg-build-script bouke$ locate fontconfig.pc
/System/Volumes/Update/mnt1/Users/bouke/ffmpeg-build-script/packages/pkg-config-0.29.2/check/gtk/fontconfig.pc
/Users/bouke/ffmpeg-build-script/packages/pkg-config-0.29.2/check/gtk/fontconfig.pc

However, I don’t really need libfontconfig it seems. (I don’t need font substitudion, this is for a very specific project for just a couple om machines.
Leaving —enable-libfontconfig out let me build on the machine that failed before.

> And regarding static/dynamic:
>> MacBook-Pro:~ bouke$ /Users/bouke/Desktop/ffplay ; exit;
>> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/fontconfig/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib
>>  Referenced from: /Users/bouke/Desktop/ffplay
>>  Reason: image not found
>
> I have no idea why the compiler would link against a dynamic library
> which isn't there. On Linux, I would know how to check the compile-time
> and run-time linkers, but not here remotely.
>
> And regarding static vs. dynamic: Is a static libfontconfig available
> at all? Does the system provide static libraries? (I sort of doubt it.)

I have no clue… But the dowloads from evermeet.cx <http://evermeet.cx/> / gyan.dev always work, so it ’should’ be possible.

On ‘clean’ machines I still get:
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/freetype/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib

But at least I have a bit hope my client is able to run the script.

thx,
Bouke