[FFmpeg-user] Alternative to Dynamic Text

Gyan Doshi ffmpeg at gyani.pro
Tue Nov 9 13:35:24 EET 2021

On 2021-11-09 04:31 pm, Nicolas George wrote:
> Gyan Doshi (12021-11-09):
>> Not on FAT32. And since it's not guaranteed, the filter should accommodate
>> that.
> What are you talking about? The filter does not write the file, it just
> reads it. It is the responsibility of whoever writes the file to ensure
> that the writing does not overlap with the reading.

I'm talking about the fact that on FAT32 volumes, atomic replacement is
not possible, so the writer/user can't ensure that.
Even on NTFS, the user may not be replacing the file via win32 API calls
of their choosing.

And the filter tolerates no failures; the OP is experiencing premature
ffmpeg termination. It shouldn't be that fragile.

Regards,
Gyan