[FFmpeg-user] Can I set a "wait-timeout" for ffmpeg to not abort a stream download?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 11:52:06 EET 2021

On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 13:51:58 +1000, Adam Nielsen via ffmpeg-user
<ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

>Sounds like you need to improve your logging :-P

Well, when the download script runs in a user terminal there is constant output
to stdout from *ffmpeg*. But that is not visible when I run it in an at job
since it has no terminal (at least not visible).
And I have no say over what ffmpeg is logging or where, right?

So where do I find the output of the at job which ran a few hours back?

I have tried (after googling) the following locations but no dice:
/var/spool/cron/atspool/
/var/spool/cron/atjobs/

Since the output is a *lot* when run in a terminal I assume Ubuntu will not keep
all of it, at least not for very long, even if it is saved somewhere...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden