[FFmpeg-user] media play too fast

S. Helbig s.helbig at mailbox.org
Thu Nov 18 12:58:00 EET 2021

Am 18/11/2021 um 02:04 schrieb Bart Coninckx <info at bitsandtricks.com>:

> Hi,
>
> not sure when, why and how it changed, but at a certain moment video and mp3 files started to run faster than usual (witch chipmunk like speech). I have a Radeon RX550 card which I use for HDMI output. The OS is Xubuntu 20.04 runni18ng Kodi 18. The problem is however not limited to Kodi, other media players show the same problem, like Mplayer.
>
> In the Kodi logfiles I can see that their player uses FFMpeg, so I'm wondering if the problem lies there.

I am experiencing the same with a camera stream mp3 that I record and then play via VLC.
Haven’t found a solution but my guess is that this is about a difference in how many frames/sec had been recorded and how many are played.
So may an input source have provided a lower frame rate at some point?

Stephan