[FFmpeg-user] feature request: ffplay rtp resynchronization

mc36 mc36 at freemail.hu
Thu Oct 7 12:10:51 EEST 2021

hi,
i'm streaming music from one of my machines in my home with multicast.
there is one headend, and several listeners in the rooms.
i spawn the headend with the following command:
http://sources.nop.hu/misc/player/player.strm
regardless of the chonsen player, every song results in a different rtp stream, as nor vlc nor ffmpeg cannot set the stream id...
for replaying, i use the following command:
http://sources.nop.hu/misc/player/player.rcvr
in case of vlc, it picks up the new rtp stream after a short period when a new song starts, but if i play back with ffplay, it sticks to the old stream and i see the following logs on the console:

[rtp @ 0x7f3b7c000c80] RTP: dropping old packet received too late
[rtp @ 0x7f3b7c000c80] RTP: dropping old packet received too late
[rtp @ 0x7f3b7c000c80] RTP: dropping old packet received too late
[rtp @ 0x7f3b7c000c80] RTP: dropping old packet received too late
[rtp @ 0x7f3b7c000c80] RTP: dropping old packet received too late
    Last message repeated 1 times
[rtp @ 0x7f3b7c000c80] RTP: dropping old packet received too late
[rtp @ 0x7f3b7c000c80] RTP: dropping old packet received too late
[rtp @ 0x7f3b7c000c80] RTP: dropping old packet received too late
[rtp @ 0x7f3b7c000c80] RTP: dropping old packet received too late
    Last message repeated 1 times
so i'm writing to you if you could plesae implement rtp resychonrization?
thanks in advance,
cs