[FFmpeg-user] audio to text

Jim DeLaHunt list+ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Thu Oct 21 00:25:17 EEST 2021

On 2021-10-20 13:42, Joao Carlos Palanca wrote:

> hello guys, please help-me. Do ffmpg convert audio to text? if yes, coud
> pass me the command line ?

By "convert audio to text", I assume that the audio is of spoken words
in a human spoken language, rather than music or white noise. Another
term for that operation is "speech recognition".

I have never tried to perform speech recognition with FFmpeg. However, I
do see documentation for an "asr" filter:

http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#asr

"Automatic Speech Recognition. This filter uses PocketSphinx for speech
recognition. To enable compilation of this filter, you need to configure
FFmpeg with |--enable-pocketsphinx|."

Perhaps this will help you make progress figuring out a command line.
Best regards,
      —Jim DeLaHunt