[FFmpeg-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: attempting to extract srt from mpg

Shupert, Jim jim.shupert at hearst.com
Sat Oct 23 16:52:13 EEST 2021

Hmmm. That message looks suspicious because it should not include the single quotes. I wonder if the issue is shell quoting? Perhaps you should try replacing single quotes (') with double (") or none at all. I am ignorant of 99.9% of windows-related stuff, but it looks to me like your shell is passing the single quotes onto to ffmpeg, which is choking.

Leo

Yep -  double quotes

ffmpeg -f lavfi -i "movie=mtp_1.mpg[out0+subcc]"  -map s mtp_mpg_j.srt
the above worked

much thanks