[FFmpeg-user] Weird results with drawtext

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Sat Sep 18 19:07:24 EEST 2021

I have several of the following (simplified):
    drawtext=
       enable     = 'between(t, 105, 115)':
       text       = 'speaker':
       y          = main_h - (text_h * 4),
    drawtext=
       enable     = 'between(t, 105, 115)':
       text       = 'subject':
       y          = main_h - (text_h * 2.2),

I have been carefully tweaking to get them on the correct place.
But when I was satisfied and generated all eight places where I wanted
to have them the placement of the speaker and subject text is on
different heights. Sometimes one or the other is different, sometimes
both and sometimes they are the same.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer