[FFmpeg-user] Two questions about LGPL

Bo Zhou bo.schwarzstein at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 04:04:30 EEST 2022

Q1, This is compatible with LGPL.
Q2, You need to discuss with FFmpeg group. This is not about your work,
it's about ownership of intellectual property and distribution.

The real problem is not about work itself, not on invocation of function
these details, but distribution of your final product.

Since FFmpeg is a complicated software it has some modules under GPL, so
it's best for you or the manager of your company to consult with the FFmpeg
team for a proper legal authorization.