[FFmpeg-user] Change device setting from CLI?

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Mon Apr 11 09:03:34 EEST 2022

Am 10.04.2022 um 23:27 schrieb Steve Russell:
> It's a no-name camera from China - the VID/PID say the vendor is ARC
> International. No drivers supplied - it installed with standard MS
> drivers - so there is no control software. As per my first post, I
> understand (I think) why the settings aren't "sticky", I just want a
> command that can set the saturation so I don't have to manually adjust
> using the GUI from the first command I listed.

You can use a workaround with OBS Studio. Use the webcam as input, apply
the "Color Correction" filter to it, and use "Virtual Camera" as output.
OBS Studio can run in the background, while in Zoom you can select the
virtual camera as input device.

As far as I know, with FFmpeg a "virtual camera" output is possible
under Linux but not under Windows.

Michael