[FFmpeg-user] How can I extract m3u8 URL for use with ffmpeg on this site?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 11:42:03 EEST 2022

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 13:14:18 +0200, Reino Wijnsma <rwijnsma at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>On 2022-04-07T18:48:06+0200, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I want to get hold of the m3u8 URL on this site
>
>You do realize this is the FFmpeg mailinglist, right? This question has nothing to do with FFmpeg.
>If you want more answers, then this is the wrong place to ask.

Yes I do, but I thought that getting hold of source m3u8 strings to be *used*
with ffmpeg would sort of qualify for this list...
I have tried other linix oriented lists like Ubuntu users but got no replies.

Most of my site handlers work fine but there the sites keep the m3u8 static.
There are a few which regularly change m3u8 and where I have not found a way to
dig out the m3u8 url when it does change...

I am not clever enough concerning analyzing network traffic so that is why I ask
around.

I AM much appreciating your help!

I just wish I also understood the networking stuff behind so I did not have to
ask repeatedly.

Concerning the changing sites I have added a job to refresh the URL:s 5 minutes
before the downloads start and this is where I would like to add the new site
too.
But it will not help if the changing time is in the middle of a download of
course. It seems like the changes are done more on a daily basis than very 30
minutes or so, though, so an update job might help.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden