[FFmpeg-user] How can I extract m3u8 URL for use with ffmpeg on this site?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 22:40:33 EEST 2022

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 10:26:56 +0200, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>Surprise!
>All of these small downloads completed and if I test now it still works!
>So I have expanded that test with a new set of at jobs for a couple of hours.
>
>It seems like I have found a "golden" URL by chance!
>
>Previous testing showed that even a 2+ hour old URL from FireFox did not work
>for the actual show download.
>
>I hope this URL will stay operational for at least a day or so.
>
>Could it be that it stays working as long as someone (me) keeps using it at
>regular intervals?
>Like some server side timeout?
>If so I could just set my system up to download a bogus snippet every hour or so
>to keep it living...

So it is still working!
Same m3u8 URL extracted with Firefox yesterday is still working!

Now I have set up an hourly cron job to download a 20 s video using this static
m3u8 URL and if the ffmpeg call fails it will send me an alert email.
This way I will get a heads-up if the URL needs to be fixed.
But so far not needed, still running fine.

I just wonder why it changed this way suddenly?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden