[FFmpeg-user] How can I strip cover art from a .m4a audio file without re-encoding

Ferdi Scholten ferdi at sttc-nlp.nl
Sat Apr 16 10:56:12 EEST 2022

How can I strip cover art from a .m4a audio file without re-encoding?

Use ffprobe to find out in which stream the cover art is stored.
Then just copy all streams over to a new file exept the cover art
stream. (using -map)

Or use another tool, for example Ex-Falso with a GUI works on all
platforms and also has a commandline tool named operon You can just do this:

     operon image-clear <file> [<files>]