[FFmpeg-user] Fluorescent White Balance Video Filters

Jim DeLaHunt list+ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Tue Apr 19 21:44:28 EEST 2022

On 2022-04-19 11:38, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 8:25 PM Michael Koch<astroelectronic at t-online.de>
> wrote:
>> I would do that with a color-look-up-table. The procedure is described
>> step-by-step in chapter 2.27 and an easier simplified version is
>> described in chapter 2.28 in my book:
>> http://www.astro-electronic.de/FFmpeg_Book.pdf
>
> Your book multiple times calls multiple functionality in FFmpeg stupid.

Paul,

You say that as if it were a bad thing.

I have not read Micheal's FFmpeg Book, so I don't know what you are
referring to. But I would like to know. Would you care to cite the
specific places where the book calls FFmpeg stupid?

Having not read the passages, I cannot be sure. But my initial
impression is that this might be accurate description. Not that the
FFmpeg tool is stupid overall — it is quite capable and useful in many
ways. But there are aspects of the tool, and its documentation, and its
contributors' behaviour, and the project culture, which are indeed quite
stupid. This is useful for users new to FFmpeg to know. If the book
describes these aspects accurately as stupid, that makes it a better book.

Best regards,
      —Jim DeLaHunt