[FFmpeg-user] Colorchart and colormap

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Mon Apr 25 22:15:48 EEST 2022

Hi,

I have some remarks and questions about the new "colorchart" source and
"colormap" filter.

In "colorchart" is a small error in the yellow field. It should be 231,
199, 31.
Source:
https://www.xritephoto.com/documents/literature/en/ColorData-1p_EN.pdf

"colorchart" is missing in the table of contents of the documentation.

Could you please also add an option for the chinese version which has
slightly different colors?
Source: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32738129067.html
The RGB values are shown in the 5th picture. Code is below.

In "colormap" I'd like to know how the color from the "source" image is
calculated. If a real image of a ColorChecker is used, then the borders
between the fields must somehow be excluded.
Is the average color over the whole 64x64 field used? Or is only one
pixel used, from the center of the 64x64 field? Or is it the average
color over a smaller area, for example the central 24x24 pixels?

Michael

static const uint8_t ref_china_colors[][3] = {
     { 115,  82,  69 }, // dark skin
     { 204, 161, 141 }, // light skin
     { 101, 134, 179 }, // blue sky
     {  89, 109,  61 }, // foliage