[FFmpeg-user] Extract chapter names to a text file?

Laine llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 5 11:37:11 EET 2022

On Dec 3, 2022, at 3:26 PM, MyCraigs List via ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> What is the command to extract all of the chapter  names from a video and then have them saved in a text file?  I only want each  chapter name, one name per line, and nothing else.
> Thanks,
> Craig

Hi Craig,

Because you didn’t get a response that I’m aware of, I’m sending one.

This might include the information you want in its output file, but you may need to otherwise process the output to format it as you described.
(Use “-y” if you don’t mind overwriting “chapters.txt”.)

ffmpeg -y -loglevel error -i input -f ffmetadata chapters.txt

L. Lee