[FFmpeg-user] Get sample rate in mp3 files

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:47:17 EET 2022

 I'll confirm what other people have said - this is basically a conversation which has been continuing on this mailing list for years, even decades.
I don't know what's really behind it - I've often wondered whether there's neurodevelopmental disorders at play, whether it's a language problem, whether there's some strange in-out group dynamic going on, or some combination of the three. Absolutely no basic politeness, much less professional courtesy, is shown to anyone of any level of expertise in any field except for a very narrowly-defined in-group.
That holds back projects exactly like ffmpeg because reasonable people who might have felt the need to be helpful are so quickly alienated. The fact that nothing is ever done about it is horrible, but it is what it is; this sort of thing is why the open source software world has such an appalling reputation for being so brutally hostile.
- Phil
    On Monday, 7 February 2022, 17:25:51 GMT, Carl Zwanzig <cpz at tuunq.com> wrote:

 On 2/7/2022 9:04 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> with the snowflakes of your generation we would still live on trees as human
> race

I will quote from just about a year ago-
> On 2/2/2021 2:59 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> the difference between both of you is "only" that i am 43 years old and
>> started programming computers with the age of 9
> OK, mine's bigger. I've been programming professionally for longer than
> you've been alive. (Added- I also remember the introduction of the Intel 4040 microprocessor.)

Lose the insulting rhetoric and you'll get more respect.

Later,

z!