[FFmpeg-user] Get sample rate in mp3 files

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 20:49:54 EET 2022

Hi

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 6:14 PM CMG DiGiTaL <cmarciog at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi Reindl Harald
>
> forgot to send my changed code, follow now, so:
>
> cd\Users\%username%\Desktop\%pasta%
> for %%F IN (*) do (ffprobe -i "%%F" -v error -show_entries
> stream=sample_rate -of default=noprint_wrappers=1:nokey=1
>                     if %%F==48000 (ffmpeg -i "%%F" -map 0:0 -acodec mp3
> -b:a 320k -ar:a 44100 "C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\Converted\%%F"
>                                   )
>                   )

I'm not hugely familiar with bat, but it looks like %%F is still just going
to be the mp3 filename, and it looks like you're not assigning that
variable to be the output of ffprobe, which is why your command is failing?

> Note: I'm using the for command to execute two commands
>           ffmpeg, okay?
>           I need one more help from you regarding the If command in
>           variable %%F... I don't know how to get only a part of the value
>           of the variable to make the if work!

This is more of a windows BAT issue than an ffmpeg issue unfortunately.

Best,

Kieran