[FFmpeg-user] Video Notation, A Video Lingua Franca

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Feb 9 19:34:46 EET 2022

On 2/9/2022 1:17 AM, Phil Rhodes via ffmpeg-user wrote:
> At some point I start to question whether some people on this list are
> speaking some private, special language that looks like English but in
> which all these pointless unprovoked attacks are somehow reasonable.
> They're not. Paul, you are the problem here, as is Harald, not the people
> you are attacking.

I concur. Even highly technical discussions should be respectful and
generally are on most fora; calling someone an "idiot" or "snowflake",
calling their ON-TOPIC email "spam", etc, is not technical discourse, it's
abuse (and also suggests some amount of insecurity in the writer). Don't
like what Mark (or me) writes? Killfile our email or just delete them
unread, there's no need to respond at all. Or write to them off-list, which
is quite easy to do.

Add to that- suggesting someone be banned because their ON-TOPIC comments
trigger some unexplained reaction is also out of place.

Later,

z!