[FFmpeg-user] FFMpeg question on Raspberry Pi

Fred Kemp fkemp at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 24 23:59:51 EET 2022

Thanks again for the information!  Sorry for the late reply . . . for
some reason, I only just got this . . .

I would guess that there is a way to automate that concatenating via
FFMpeg and I have a nephew that codes in Linux for a full-time job.  I
wanted to ask about the Raspberry Pi group what might be the best
method(s) and then talk with him . . .

We are most interested in being able to group videos by a certain time
period, e.g., the motion tripped within a particular time period.  The
ideal setup would be looking at the concatenating video with two sliders
- one for the beginning and one for the ending and downloading to the
phone.  While moving the sliders to see images/time stamps of the video
where to start and stop.  The time stamps could be on the original
videos.   Is the a video player that might be able to do that?

Or, even having one slider and being able to look at a time period after
that.  For example, the 20 minutes of video following a certain
identified point of the concatenating video . . .

Thanks again for your help, Adam!!  Greatly appreciated!!