[FFmpeg-user] API documentation for FFmpeg 5.0

Andreas Unterweger dustsigns at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 11:44:17 EET 2022

> On 28.02.2022 10:13 Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:
> > about how to build the (HTML) documentation for a particular version
> > of the FFmpeg libraries.
>
> It is part of the regular build process. If you do
> ./configure; make

This only builds the components which are enabled. For example, if I
don't have CUDA installed, I do not get any documentation about the
CUDA-related components.

> the HTML docs are automatically built (see folder doc/). They probably
> depend on some tools, presumably makeinfo.

Yes, I have installed all of the required tools, but I can build only
parts of the documentation, not all of it.

> Well, either you grab a release for that release's docs, or you grab
> nightly or lastest Git, to get the latest docs. They are part of the
> source tree, so they always correlate.

The latest release docs that are available online are from 4.1 (see my
initial e-mail), which is very old. I would like to have the docs for
5.0, but not trunk, as the latter are updated every night and will
diverge from 5.0 over time. Build from source does not provide all of
the documentation for me as it would require me to install every
single dependency (e.g., CUDA, DeckLink etc.), or am I missing
something?

Best,
Andreas