[FFmpeg-user] How to extract m3u8 stream URL from webpage with 2 players?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 15:05:02 EET 2022

I have automated video download from the webpage https://msnbcdailyshows.com/
which contains two players with different content.
The download is done using ffmpeg on an Ubuntu 20.04.3 server computer.

I can extract the m3u8 stream URL for the first player using code suggested on
this list, but this player often fails to stream properly so I need to also be
able to extract the stream URL for the second player.

If I open the source page and use the F12 function key to activate browser debug
mode I can see the stream URL for both players.
Right now they are:
#1 = https://hlss.goodgame.ru/hls/188429.m3u8
#2 = https://1111296894.rsc.cdn77.org/LS-ATL-54548-10/tracks-v1a1/mono.m3u8

What I would like to have is a way to extract the xxx/mono.m3u8 URL #2
automatically in a script.

The URL:s seem to change irregularly so I will use any method found to extract
the URL minutes before the download starts by launching the extractor script via
cron.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden