[FFmpeg-user] How to properly pasting same-size video parts together into one output?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 13:30:42 EET 2022

On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 12:00:53 +0100, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>So far so good, now the remaining problem I have is that the file size is blown
>up considerably..
>
>input1.mp4 =    98,302,009 bytes
>input2.mp4 =    53,629,084 bytes
>1.mpg is   =   930,535,424 bytes
>2.mpg is   =   385,169,408 bytes
>output.mp4 = 1,095,027,291 bytes
>
>Is there a way to reduce the size of the final mp4 too?

I tested this on the output file:

ffmpeg -hide_banner -i output.mp4 -vf scale=in_w:in_h -c:v libx264 -crf 30
-preset fast -c:a copy final.mp4

It too took a while to run, like 5-7 minutes but the resulting mp4 is smaller:

final.mp4 = 111,212,441 bytes

So this is the expected file size for these news shows.

What I really need now is to skip the last step by combining it into the main
command somehow...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden