[FFmpeg-user] Error: Impossible to convert between the formats...(Nvidia codecs)

Ben Parham behfarteam at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 10:25:23 EEST 2022

Hello,

I try to use Nvidia codecs in live transcoding. The input stream is from an
IP camera (Hikvision) and its color format is "*yuvj420p*". My command is:

ffmpeg.exe -y -hwaccel cuda -hwaccel_output_format cuda -rtsp_transport tcp
-i "rtsp://admin:Pass1@192.168.1.1" -flags +low_delay -vcodec hevc_nvenc
-s 1920x1080 -preset p2 -pix_fmt yuv420p -tune hq -rc vbr -vb 700k -maxrate
800k -minrate 200k -bufsize 800k -g 25 -acodec copy -strict -2 -flags
+global_header -f rtsp "rtsp://localhost:8000/stream"

but I am faced with this error:
Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter
'Parsed_null_0' and the filter 'auto_scale_0'
Error reinitializing filters!
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Function not implemented
Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0
Conversion failed!

if I remove  "-hwaccel_output_format cuda", the transcoding starts, but the
decoded stream is sent to system memory. I prefer to keep it in GPU
memory to decrease the latency.
What should I do to fix this?
I would appreciate any help.

Regards,