[FFmpeg-user] Trouble converting from DNxHD36 to h.264

Media Mouth communque at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 07:31:11 EEST 2022

> On Jul 18, 2022, at 7:20 PM, Carl Zwanzig <cpz at tuunq.com> wrote:
>
> Quite likely then a different version of ffmpeg. Please post the complete and unedited command output in an email message (not a screen grab).
>
> (often that type of error is a colorspace mismatch)
>
> z!

>> On Jul 18, 2022, at 7:37 PM, Media Mouth <communque at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ffmpeg -i 'input.mov' -strict -2 -b:v 8000K -vf format=yuv420p -c:a aac 'output.mov'
>> ffmpeg version 4.4.git Copyright (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers
>>   built with Apple LLVM version 10.0.1 (clang-1001.0.46.4)
>>   configuration: --disable-x86asm

I think I figured it out.
The culprit seems to have been "configuration: --disable-x86asm"
During the first attempted installs a notice came up showing there was some kind problem with "yasm" and to go with "-disable-x86asm" to get around it.  My impression is -disable-x86asm means you end up without the necessary libraries or something.

Solution: Install yasm, re-install ffmpeg.

So far that seems to have solved the problem.
DNxHD36 now transcodes to h.264 just fine.

Thanks ffmpeg!