[FFmpeg-user] libatomic support for mips32

Dennis Mungai dmngaie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 00:21:55 EEST 2022

On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 at 10:02, Aravinth Kathiravan <
aravinth.kathiravan at vvdntech.in> wrote:

> Hi ffmpeg user,
> We are cross compiling ffmpeg with mips32 architecture but our toolchain
> does not support libatomic and is facing the following error.
> "Undefined reference to __sync_fetch_and_add_8"
> Please provide us with support.
>

> --
> *With best regards,*
> ARAVINTH K
> VVDN Technologies Pvt Ltd
> Cell: +91 8754832799
> Web : www.vvdntech.com

Hello there,

Your query is compiler related, and is not specific to ffmpeg.
You'll need to fix your toolchain first.

Generally, you'll need to have GCC built without libatomic to build the
target cross-compiler with libatomic enabled.
The intermediary compiler will serve to build your Compiler Runtime AND
libatomic, so that the target compiler can use these missing features.
See this recipe for an example:
https://github.com/malaterre/OpenELEC.tv/blob/70dbe25c1647f01eb83c108939c470437a2db259/packages/lang/gcc/package.mk
You may also be interested in replicating the same with crosstool-ng:
https://crosstool-ng.github.io/docs/configuration/

Warm regards,

Dennis.