[FFmpeg-user] statsout option on Haivision srt protocol in FFmpeg

Toralf Richter toralfrichter69 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 15:48:43 EEST 2022

Hello, I use ffmpeg to transmit audio and video streams over long
distances. For this I use the Haivision SRT protocol. The SRT protocol
actually offers the possibility to retrieve extensive statistical data
live, especially available bandwidth and ping times.

-statsout - SRT statistics output: filename. Without this option specified,
the statistics will be printed to the standard output.
-pf, -statspf - SRT statistics print format. Values: json, csv, default.
After a comma, options can be specified (e.g. "json,pretty").
-s, -stats, -stats-report-frequency - The frequency of SRT statistics
collection, based on the number of packets.

I miss this possibility in FFmpeg. Or am I just missing something? Are
these options implemented? I can't find any info about this on
https://ffmpeg.org/documentation.html.
Best regards
Toralf