[FFmpeg-user] Issue to modify Metadata from mp4 files

Ferdi Scholten ferdi at sttc-nlp.nl
Sat Jun 11 00:06:29 EEST 2022

Hello, good morning all
> I have a code that in theory allows the Hash and metadata of bulk videos to be modified. I used all the videos in .mp4 and despite being a programming layman I followed all the Python installation steps.
>
> I also tested it on two different Windows computers, both win10.
>
> The problem in both is the following, it only does the procedure in 5 videos, the rest is ignored with the sentence
>
> No such file or directory
>
> This is my bat arquive to use in CMD
>
> FOR /F "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /b *.mp4') DO ffmpeg -i "%%G" -vf noise=alls=1:allf=t "%%~nG_1.mp4"
> Below is the log of my CMD

Please study how to use the FOR /F command in batchfiles. This has
nothing to do with ffmpeg. your command is flawed.

By default FOR iterates through all files in the folder, so using FOR /F
with dir as command to parse output from is asking for trouble. You did
not set delimiters, this means that every space, tab, semicolon or equal
anywhere in the output of the dir command will be seen as a different
token. It makes no sense to parse through a directorylisting as the
default action for the FOR command is to apply the DO action on every
file that matches in the folder.