[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG loudnorm - linear normalization

CMG DiGiTaL cmarciog at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:52:22 EET 2022

Yeah, this is what I suspected.  You've got source files that are below

Okay Clayton, I get the concept!

As I'm doing a batch for myself, if necessary, normalize the LUFS of my
files, I was
left with this doubt as to why I can't do it in linear mode and why I
couldn't reach the -10 LUFS target.

What happens is that I have a waves plugin, WLM Plus Stereo, which can make
the same file reach
the target -10 LUFS. But now, with your explanations, I realized that this
plugin has a True Peak Limiter function,
 "GAIN/Trim", which is applied to the file. This means that the plugin
ignores these rules in order to make the target
hit, that is, because it is a commercial product, what matters is to
achieve what the user wants without taking into
 account whether the limits are being compressed or cut, that's it?!