[FFmpeg-user] Convert WAV to FLAC

Wolfgang Hugemann Auto at Hugemann.de
Thu Mar 31 22:56:23 EEST 2022

> because I can create .bat files and convert multiple files at once.

The original FLAC encoder also has a command line interface, and I
actually used it for bulk conversion of WAVs via batch. For just audio
conversion, I would rather use the original software than ffmpeg.

In regard to VBR: I would rather consider this as an inevitable
consequence of entropy compression: More repetitive sections of the WAV
(say a single note repeated several times) will be compressed more
effectively than more complex parts of the WAV. Nothing to worry about.

Wolfgang Hugemann