[FFmpeg-user] Can ffmpeg calculate the min and max bitrate of a video?

smu johnson smujohnson at gmail.com
Thu May 5 03:37:51 EEST 2022

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 1:31 AM Peter van den Houten <petervdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> FFmpeg will not always report bitrate, depending on the container format.
> Mediainfo is available for Windows and will scan an entire file and you
> might be able to change the switches for min & max bitrate.
>
> mediainfo --Parsespeed=1 filename

I tried this from the command and couldn't get it to work.  It considers
the argument a filename.

C:\Program Files\MediaInfo>mediainfo --Parsespeed=1
\tmp\encoding\jellyfish-30-mbps-hd-hevc.mkv

Oh well.  Thanks for the reply anyways.  I wrote to MediaInfo support
suggesting a feature request to possibly do this.

--
smu johnson <smujohnson at gmail.com>