[FFmpeg-user] Pasting together different parts of a downloaded video

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:36:34 EEST 2022

On Thu, 05 May 2022 00:22:44 +0200, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 4 May 2022 16:08:13 +0100, Rob Hallam <ffmpeg at roberthallam.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 4 May 2022 at 08:27, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> CMD="ffmpeg -hide_banner ${MODE} -i \"${M3U8URL}\" -vf scale=w=-4:h=480 -c:v
>>> libx264 -preset fast -crf 26 -c:a copy -t $DIFF $TARGETFILE"
>>> Grateful for any suggestions on what I can do!
>>
>>Without the console output my suggestion would be: re-encode the audio
>>portion as well in your first step. (-c:a aac or similar)
>>
>>Rob
>
>THANKS!
>
>I have changed the script in this way, now I just have to wait for another
>interruptionm so I can test the concat on the split recording.
>I will report back when/if that happens again.

Back again!
Tonight there was an interruption in one of the downloads so the rescue function
kicked in and downloaded the final part separately, then pasted them together
into the final mp4 output. The paste used the simple copy function so as not to
re-encode at this point.

And this time the final video has the 60 s gap but the transition between the
two parts is seamless with no audible problem! :)

So it works fine!

THANKS AGAIN Rob!!

--
Bo Berglund