[FFmpeg-user] FFMpeg - How to get the filesize in advance after encoding

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue May 24 11:19:33 EEST 2022

Am 24.05.22 um 09:50 schrieb Sendex Six:
> Thanks for your response,
>
> What is the formula, logic, or how to compute the file size from a video or
> audio file? after encoding?
> so that in the webpage we can set the content-length of video or audio

holy hell this question can't be serious and if you can't figure out how
to get something simple like the filesize hir somebody with basic knowledge

https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.filesize.php
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/16640/how-can-i-get-the-size-of-a-file-in-a-bash-script

anf for other languages enmter "language get filesize" in a search engine