[FFmpeg-user] Conversion of 4.0 & 5.1 FLAC to MLP

Keith Whitt keith.whitt at trottgroup.com
Sat Nov 5 21:17:28 EET 2022

I have successfully converted a number of 4.0 and 5.1 FLAC to MLP. I use the
"-strict -2" switch to make that work. However, when I merge multiple FLAC
tracts together (the same 4.0 or 5.1 files that worked by themselves), I get
the following response during the conversion process "Only mono and stereo
are supported at the moment." The resulting MLP track looks okay and plays
okay, but dvda-author doesn't seem to like it when authoring DVDA discs.
dvda-author has no issues with MLP files that do not throw that message
during the conversion. There seems to be something slightly non-standard in
these cases. I have a few other 4.0 flac sources that seem to throw that
same message from the single track files.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a workaround?