[FFmpeg-user] fmp4 streaming issues

Dave Blanchard dave at killthe.net
Mon Nov 21 23:00:00 EET 2022

> can somebody explain why fmp4 currently does randomly break on seek  and/or quality change using VideoJS and other players, while mpegts works 100% fine?

I don't know that it's a FFmpeg problem, or just a problem with other streaming formats than MPEG2. I also find that MPEG2-TS works most reliably, better than MKV or other formats when streaming, when using both ffmpeg and gstreamer. I have also switched to SRT from HLS, and found that it's a far better streaming experience, more reliable with a much lower latency stream. Recommended!