[FFmpeg-user] How to concat two videos with same size but different source?

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Sun Oct 9 00:35:36 EEST 2022

Hello & Good Morning,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [FFmpeg-user] How to concat two videos with same size but different source?
  Date & Time: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 19:30:03 +0200

[BB] == Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> has written:

BB>  On Sat, 08 Oct 2022 21:30:04 +0900, Masaru Nomiya <nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp>
BB>  wrote:

[...]
MN> >  $ ffmpeg -f concat -i mylist.txt -c copy output.mp4

BB>  This is what I said I did (see above), the only difference is that I used the
BB>  argument:
BB>   -safe 0
BB>  too. This comes from looking up commands on the web, what does it do?

-safe 0 is required to allow relative paths to be specified for files
in join.txt.

[...]
BB>  ffmpeg -hide_banner -f concat -i join.txt output.mp4

BB>  This did not work at all. The first video part plays ok in the output but at the
BB>  switchover point to the second part the video playback stalls the image but
BB>  continues the audio behind the still of the last image of the first video.

BB>  Question:
BB>  ---------
BB>  What is the difference between the above approach and this:

BB>  ffmpeg -hide_banner -f concat -i video1.mp4 -i video2.mp4 output.mp4

BB>  And how can I get both videos (which play OK separately) concatenated properly?

Please show the results of;

   1. $ file video1.mp4

and,

   2. $ file video2.mp4

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡   野宮  賢                      mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛       " Today’s China is not the old China humiliated and bullied over
	       100 years ago. It is time for these people to wake up from their
	       imperial dream."

              -- Hua Chunying’s Regular Press Conference on August 4, 2022 --