[FFmpeg-user] How to transcode to HLS and DASH with mp4 and webm all at once

Alvaro Jimenez alcejibe at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 12 11:47:45 EEST 2022

DASH is codec agnostic, so if you already have or generate the ts segments for HLS, you should be able to generate the mpd file for DASH to play back the same segments you would use for HLS. I have used the m4s segments, and I have seen a common instance of lip sync issues that I have never see using mpeg.ts segments. In my opinion, CMAF using mp4 segments is over-rated, and heavily promoted by commercial encoding and streaming engines like Wowza.
Regards,
Alvaro Jiménez