[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg MP4/x264 output colours change when input source is different resolution (bug?)

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Fri Sep 16 18:01:25 EEST 2022

Am 16.09.2022 um 16:34 schrieb Dan:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2022 14:55:20 +0100, Michael Koch
> <astroelectronic at t-online.de> wrote:

>>> By the way, just to clarify, I wasn't talking about the console
>>> output, but
>>> the window it opened up alongside (on the right), which showed the
>>> green
>>> was darker.

>>> In the end, I used "-colorspace fcc" which seems to have fixed the
>>> issue.
>>
>> Please show your complete command line. Because for me it doesn't work.
>> Different colors for height 576 and 720.
>
> Sure:
>
> ffmpeg.exe -f lavfi -i color=0x19be0f:s=400x720 -crf 0 -vcodec libx264
> -t 5 -y -colorspace fcc 720fcc.mp4

For me that doesn't work in Windows. The color in VLC player is
18,190,18 for height=576 and 13,163,11 for height=720.
It doesn't help if I specify -color_trc, -color_primaries and -color_range.

In VLC player are functions Tools / Media Information and Tools / Codec
information. What's shown here is exactly the same for height=576 and
height=720. But the colors are different.

Michael