[FFmpeg-user] Image to Video conversion

Erik Dobberkau erik.dobberkau at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 16:50:31 EEST 2022

> I have an .bmp Image with resolution 1600x1300x24-bit, each file size comes
> around 6Mbps, I have 30 such files (Image-1 ....Image-30) in a directory.
> I converted those images to a video @ 30fps for length of 1 second using
> the below ffmpeg command, the video file size turned out to be around 189kb
> and In the command I am not doing any compression.

This is a wrong assumption.

> I expected the converted video size to be 30 Image file x 6Mbps = 180 Mbps,
> am I doing anything wrong in the command?

Yes.

If you happen to belong to the group of people preferring to learn and
experiment instead of looking for ready-made solutions, simply enter
"ffmpeg convert bmp image sequence to video lossless" into your preferred
search engine. :)
You will find various alternatives, one of which will certainly match your
use case.

Erik