[FFmpeg-user] Size of 10-bit 4:2:2 video streams?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Sep 21 20:06:59 EEST 2022

The only occurrence of "non-interleaved AVI" is on avidec.c:

     if (avi->non_interleaved) {
         av_log(s, AV_LOG_INFO, "non-interleaved AVI\n");
         clean_index(s);
     }
and from a quick read of clean_index(), all that's doing is building a new
index for a given stream. Absent other info, I'm not sure the message is
more than information.

On 9/21/2022 12:59 AM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> It could be that index for frames in AVI is not listing all entries.
> Hard to guess.
> You could inspect file in some AVI file format analyzer.
> If there is such thing available.

In theory, avicodec will do it but it's quite old, same for vitrualdubmod
and gspot (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/), but then AVI format is also
quite old. I have used gspot before and it was useful, haven't tried it for
this purpose.

https://greshka.net/avicheck/ has some interesting suggestions, which
eventually land on.... "ffmpeg -v 5 -i FILE.avi -f null -" (decode to null
output, turn up the error reporting.

I'll echo Paul's thoughts that the AVI is somewhat corrupt, at least the
metadata is badly wrong. It's possible that by either poking the metadata to
"correctness" or ignoring a lot of errors, usable video could be pulled out.

Later,

z!