[FFmpeg-user] Repeatable resolution issue exporting mxfs, 1080p is coming out as 1088p

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Feb 27 17:30:30 EET 2023

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 15:07:03 +0000, William Jones wrote:
> Unfortunately every time I try, the resulting file comes out as 1920x1088
> which breaks our pipeline. Ive tried using scale and have tried the source
> file being different formats (image sequences or .movs etc) and nothing has
> helped so far, which is why the below  code doesnt have any scale modifiers
> in it.
>
> the code i have been using is below:
>
> ffmpeg - start_number 1000 -i *-inputfile%4d.tiff* -c:v dnxhd -r 24
> -b:v115M -pix_fmt yuv422p *outputfile.mxf*

You'll have to show us the complete, uncut output of your ffmpeg command.

Also, which tool says it's 1088? Do you have mxfdump?

As far as I understand, MXF formats can have differing StoredHeight and
DisplayHeight, e.g. StoredHeight 1088, DisplayHeight 1080. (Not sure
whether that's what ffmpeg is doing.)

Moritz