[FFmpeg-user] DV playback rate issues, timecode is invalid

Stuart Robinson Stuart.Robinson at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 19 11:04:32 EET 2023

 I am having terrible trouble with a long play DV I have captured that I am trying to transcode. It seems to be playing back slowly regardless of what I've tried. The original also plays back strangely, it was captured with ffmpeg from a dv camcorder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ya2C6JmbBQuRUJ_U-fJT8XODYVw0U1kr/view?usp=sharing
[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2Z8CVgH_AoIH1LrOrsKKyOeyPmv6bNovZD9akGxW3FD_b0aqhfwUxCGUHIzzrcPW1Tg=w1200-h630-p]<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ya2C6JmbBQuRUJ_U-fJT8XODYVw0U1kr/view?usp=sharing>
Test1.dv<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ya2C6JmbBQuRUJ_U-fJT8XODYVw0U1kr/view?usp=sharing>
drive.google.com
Can someone take a look and let me know what might help? Are the first few frames throwing it off somehow?

Thanks for any help.

Stuart

--

Thanks,

        Stuart Robinson,

        AV Technician,

        Sound Lab,

        School of Scottish Studies,

        University of Edinburgh,

        29 George Square,

        Edinburgh,

        EH8 9LD

        0131 651 5001

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.