[FFmpeg-user] encode five wav files to one Dolby Prologic II encoded file

Martin Thomas Schrott list at mtsonline.at
Tue Mar 14 16:09:24 EET 2023

Hi guys,

okay I realiced how to get five separate wav files into one stream:

ffmpeg -i $fl -i $fr -i $fc -i ${bl}_shift.wav -i ${br}_shift.wav
-filter_complex "[0:0][1:0][2:0][3:0][4:0]amerge=inputs=5,
aresample=matrix_encoding=dplii" out.wav

but I am still not getting correct dplii encoded channels.

Anyone an idea what I am doing wrong?

* how would I do the phaseshift correctly?

* does matrix_encoding=dplii do the mixing or do I have to add another
command ... what does matrix_encoding=dplii do exactly?

thanks for any help

Martin