[FFmpeg-user] Are opus stream recordings generated by ffmpeg invalid?

Jarno Suni j_suni at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 14 09:37:25 EEST 2023

https://wiki.xiph.org/OggOpus#Packet_Organization tells:

"The last page SHOULD have the 'end of stream' flag set, but implementations should be prepared to deal with truncated streams which do not have a page marked 'end of stream'."

so I think MPD should support Opus file even if it does not have such a page, but the developer did not react to that argument. I do not know if the segmented files have such a page, I do not know even how to test it.

BTW I find that many music players do have poor support for files whose time stamps don't start from 0.

--
Jarno Suni - http://iki.fi/8/