First... solved the problem... I forgot to use dumpstream on one mplayer and it was trying to show me the stream instead of dumping it and... I dunno why exactly it crashed but now is ok.<br><br>On your note... I do something like you do... but I use rtp instead of html and... is fine. Except the classic buffer error and some other small problems at the beginning is quite ok.<br>
<br>Now I have only one more problem witch I asked before I know but... I try again. <br><br>Everything works great for 1,2,3,4... lets say 8 users. But then if I try to enter with one more he doesn't receive anything.<br>
The constants specifieing the number of users/http connections etc. are set to 1000. <br><br>Any takers? :)<br><br><div class="gmail_quote">2011/4/6 Anthony Brown <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:av@bsbc.nb.ca">av@bsbc.nb.ca</a>></span><br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;"><div class="im">On 11-04-06 06:09 AM, Victor Petrescu wrote:<br>
<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
The problem is that when the cron is runned the system crashes (actually<br>
I not really crashes the stream (witch I see from another computer) is<br>
working perfectly but I can't do anything on the machine. The screen<br>
becomes black and I can't do anything except to restart it). I have a<br>
script that kills the anterior processes. If I uses it the stream stops,<br>
but I still don't regain access to the system (same black screeen<br>
whatever I do).<br>
</blockquote>
<br></div>
I'm slightly surprised that it even runs at all: in my experience, ffmpeg gets upset if it loses it's console.  I think that sends it a SIGHUP and then it stops.<br>
<br>
My usual solution for running ffmpeg in a cron job is to use nohup.  It also avoids having to route ffmpeg's verbiage to /dev/null and saves it in a file in case you want to see what went wrong.<br>
<br>
On a totally unrelated note, one other thing I do with scripting ffserver stuff is to run the ffmpeg task by turning it into an upstart job.  That way, when it crashes it can be respawned and I don't lose my feed.  It's also possible to run it inside a while forever sort of loop.  I have found that the ffmpeg task often gets upset with incoming streams (at least with the one I send it which, as I have mentioned before is HDV over firewire from my camera ingested into VLC on a WinXP box and sent by http to ffmpeg/ffserver).  I routinely get "non-monotone timestamp errors" which abort ffmpeg.  Putting it in an upstart job works around that problem.  Now instead of losing the feed entirely, all I get is a short glitch.<br>

<br>
A/B<br><font color="#888888">
<br>
-- <br>
<br>
<br>
Anthony Brown<br>
Audiovisual coordinator<br>
Brunswick Street Baptist Church<br>
Telephone: (506)-458-8348 (leave message)<br>
Email:     <a href="mailto:av@bsbc.nb.ca" target="_blank">av@bsbc.nb.ca</a><br>
</font><br>_______________________________________________<br>
ffserver-user mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:ffserver-user@ffmpeg.org">ffserver-user@ffmpeg.org</a><br>
<a href="http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffserver-user" target="_blank">http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffserver-user</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br>