[Libav-user] implementation for CODEC_ID_TEXT

Kirill Gavrilov gavr.mail at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 11:04:12 CEST 2011

Hi,

I wanted to ask if any encoder / decoder is implemented for CODEC_ID_TEXT in
> ffmpeg 0.7.1.
> I always get an error when I try to do avcodec_find_encoder(CODEC_ID_TEXT).
> In one forum I found the statement that this codec is not implemented for
> version 0.5. Now I'm not sure if my code is not correct or if the codec is
> still not implemented.

as I understand CODEC_ID_TEXT is just a plain text and doesn't require
decoder (and probably encoder) at all

So 'decoding' will looked like this:

void decode(const AVStream* theStream,
            const AVPacket* thePacket) {
    const char* aText = (const char* )thePacket->data;
    double aPts       = av_q2d(theStream->time_base) * thePacket->pts;
    double aDuration  = av_q2d(theStream->time_base) *
thePacket->convergence_duration;
}

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Sabine B <sabine565 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I try to include a data stream into mpeg (ts).
> I wanted to ask if any encoder / decoder is implemented for CODEC_ID_TEXT
> in ffmpeg 0.7.1.
> I always get an error when I try to do avcodec_find_encoder(CODEC_ID_TEXT).
> In one forum I found the statement that this codec is not implemented for
> version 0.5. Now I'm not sure if my code is not correct or if the codec is
> still not implemented.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Br,
> Sabine