[Libav-user] How can i get just basic info from an input video file by ffmpeg?

Amir Rouhi-Rmit amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au
Wed Jul 6 05:15:33 CEST 2011

Please help me, I use DEV c++ compiler in windows platform. I build a
project in this compiler and add utils.c (with al its headers and functions)
to the project, but when i want to compile the program, it does not
recognise all the header files used in utils.c  such as #include
"avformat.h". It seems that i have a problem in including new library files
or in linking. Even i add the libavecodec path for new header files location
but still does not recognise them.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Clément Bœsch <ubitux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 04:27:16PM +1000, Amir Rouhi-Rmit wrote:
> > I found dump_format() function (not av_dump_format() ) among ffmpeg
> source
> > codes :  dump_format(ic, 0, is->filename, 0);
>
> You are not up to date then…
>
> > but i would be pleased if you let me know how can i find a tutorial which
> > shows how can i use the function ? and which header should be included?
> >

> av_dump_format() is just a printing function. It is defined in
> libavformat/utils.c. You can look into this file how where it finds the
> various information it prints.
>
> If you need some examples on how to use the API, look at the ffmpeg.c,
> ffplay.c and ffprobe.c. Also, doc/examples contains various codes that
> might help you.
>
> Note: please do not top post, it is considered rude.
>
> [...]
>
> --
> Clément B.

Amir H. Rouhi