[Libav-user] RTP/RTSP support in FFMPEG

Luke Clemens lclemens at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 16:55:11 CEST 2011

My experience with ffmpeg is that its RTP parsing has problems in UDP
mode, especially with live IP cameras. In TCP mode it works fine, but
RTP was really designed around UDP and that's the way it should be
used in most cases. I'm currently working on trying to fix it, but I
haven't had much luck so far.

--luke