[Libav-user] Remux MPEG TS -> RTP MPEG ES

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 21:22:35 CEST 2011

Hi all.
Please guide me to achieve the following result in my program:
I have a stream source as HTTP MPEG TS stream (codecs h264 & aac, if
relevant), It has 1 video and 1 audio substream.
I need to get MPEG ES frames (of same codecs), to send them via RTP to
RTSP clients. It'll be best if libavformat give frames with RTP
header.
MPEG ES is needed, because, as i know, media players on Blackberry
phones do not play TS (i tried it).
Although, i appreciate if anyone point me some another, easier to get
in this situation, format that can hold h264 & aac, and plays well on
blackberry and other phones.

I've already succeed with other task to open the stream and remux to
FLV container.

I've tried writing frames to "mp4" or "m4v" AVFormatContext, got
frames. Added RTP header before each frame, and sent to client. No
success.
Tried to open two output format contexts with "rtp" formats, also got
frames. Sent to client. No success.
What is the right way to get what i need?

P. S. I'm also interested if there's some library similar to
libavformat? Maybe even in embryo state.
--
Andrey Utkin