[Libav-user] Seeking in a video with interframes

Jaymie Strecker jstrecker at kosada.com
Thu Jun 2 00:33:00 CEST 2011

Alex, thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what you mean by "color conversion or filtering".  You're referring to something like sws_scale? This is basically my read/decode loop for seeking--

// for each frame from the keyframe to the frame you want:
do {
   av_read_frame(pFormatCtx, &packet);
   if(packet.stream_index==videoStream)  {
       avcodec_decode_video2(pCodecCtx, captureFrame, &gotPicture, &packet);
   }
   av_free_packet(&packet);
} while (! gotPicture);

There's no color conversion or filtering in there, right?

-Jaymie